Your skin is unique and deserves the best in care and nourishment. With chemical peels, you can reduce fine lines caused by sun damage or aging, but they can also be used for mild scarring, certain types of acne and may reduce symptoms of rosacea. In addition, many patients use chemical peels to enhance the results of other skin rejuvenation treatments, such as laser skin resurfacing.
Chemical peels work by dissolving tissue cells, revealing a fresh, bright, new layer of skin. The depth of the peel depends on the peel used and how it’s applied. Our chemical peels include:
- Lactic Acid Peel: One of the gentlest chemical peels is a lactic acid peel. Unlike a glycolic acid peel or a salicylic acid peel, a lactic acid peel is extra gentle and good for even the most sensitive skin.
- Citric Acid Peel: Derived from alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) found in citric fruits, this mild peel helps reduce fine lines and uneven pigmentation. It can also help control acne.
- Glycolic Acid Peel: Used for mild peeling treatments, glycolic acid is a naturally occurring AHA found in sugar cane. It improves fine lines, uneven pigmentation and acne.
- Salicylic Acid Peel: Effective in treating oily skin, clogged pores and seborrheic dermatitis. Salicylic acid peels work well for those who have sun damaged skin, dull and lifeless skin, sensitive skin, dry or dehydrated skin, and uneven skin tones.
- Vitalize Peel®: This light/medium–depth peel uses a special formulation of four agents: alpha–hydroxy acid, beta–hydroxy acid, resorcinol and retinoic acid. It’s used to decrease fine lines, restore even skin tones, and soften acne scarring.
- Illuminize Peel®: Helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. It’s appropriate for mild skin imperfections to reveal a more uniform complexion and can be used on all skin types.
- Our licensed estheticians will discuss your needs and recommend the appropriate peel for your particular skin type and problem.
- They will thoroughly cleanse the skin special agent to remove surface oils.
- The peeling solution is then applied to the treatment area, typically face, neck, chest and arms.
- Your skin will be cleaned of any residuals and moisturized with top of the line skin care products.
During the treatment you may feel a slight prickling or itching sensation but once the peel is neutralized, the sensation subsides. After the treatment you may experience some mild facial redness and swelling but most of our patients immediately return to work or their normal daily activities.
At Zel Skin & Laser Specialists, we’re committed to keeping your skin looking healthy for a life-time. We use only those treatments and procedures scientifically proven to improve your skins appearance. Our medically trained staff is led by Dr. Brian Zelickson, a board-certified dermatologist.
*Results may vary per patient. Services vary by location.
*Results vary per patient.
Brian brings a unique combination of medical science, clinical expertise, integrity and compassion to his patients. He provides the latest technology available in the field of dermatology but with a personalized touch for each patient. He is highly respected by his colleagues throughout the country for his expertise and sincerity.
Everyone I have met at Zel is amazing!
It is rare to find a dermatologist who is as knowledgeable about the many facets of clinical and cosmetic dermatology as Dr. Zelickson. Because of his knowledge and honesty, doctors worldwide know they can depend on his assessment of new therapies, procedures and medical devices. This, in turn, has made him a much sought–after speaker for the plethora of professional medical society meetings and engagements that we have throughout the year. I am honored to know Dr. Zelickson and consider him a friend to the profession.
Dr. Brian Zelickson was one of our initial Thermage investigators and helped us understand the mechanisms of non–invasive skin tightening. He is a renowned expert on how collagen can affect skin tightening and wrinkle reduction.
Dr. Brian Zelickson is one of this country’s leading laser experts. Not only is he unparalleled as a laser surgeon, it is not an exaggeration to state that his superb research helps determine the future of dermatologic laser surgery.
Dr. Zelickson is a highly regarded skin/light expert in our industry. When Candela looks for both medical and scientific advice for new laser applications, we often turn to him for his counsel. The input he provides us always starts with patient safety and satisfaction. We feel fortunate to be able to tap into Brian as an independent resource. The patients who are treated with Candela devices are often the beneficiaries of Brian’s input to us.
Most patients prefer seeing a doctor who is known for a particular specialty or procedure, but all patients want to see the doctor who invented the procedure or therapy. Dr. Brian Zelickson is one of the most respected physicians in the field of cosmetic dermatology and aesthetic medicine. He has lectured around the world and is one of the most sought–after speakers for all major meetings in dermatology.
I would rate Dr. Zelickson's clinic 10 stars!
We have felt honored to have Dr. Brian Zelickson, a world–renowned dermatologist who is distinguished as a high–quality care physician, serving as the investigator evaluating Syneron non–invasive skin tightening technology
I trained with Dr. Zelickson at Mayo Clinic, and I found him to be a very bright and creative dermatologist and scientist. Later, he was our best advisor when we set up our clinic in the Basque Country in Spain. I call him the ‘paparazzi of dermatology.’ His contribution to our speciality is probably among the best of this century.
Tuve la suerte de conocer al Dr. Brian Zelickson en Minneapolis hace muchos anos y desde entonces acudo regularmente a compartir sus conocimientos. Es un científico honrado, brillante, creativo e innovador. Nunca deja de sorprenderte agradablemente.
Dr. Zelickson is a very well–respected dermatologist, not only in the U.S., but also in Europe. He is famous for being the author of relevant dermatological studies published in many prestigious medical journals and for the improvements he’s made on minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that are being used by dermatologists all over the world.
Our view from Europe of Dr. Brian Zelickson is that he is one of the leading four or five U.S. laser dermatologists. His research contributions, his superb lectures and his expert knowledge of laser skin surgery make him a valued friend, colleague and guest.
Dr. Brian Zelickson is one of the world’s leaders in cutaneous laser surgery. He has performed groundbreaking research over the past decade, advancing the field as well as expertly providing the most up–to–date laser treatments for his patients.
Brian Zelickson is a world–renowned laser expert who helps develop the lasers and treatment parameters used by the rest of the world. He is where others turn to learn the latest techniques in laser surgery. If you want the best treatment available, delivering the best results in the safest environment available, there is no need to look anywhere else.
I have met many laser experts in my 20 years of teaching, lecturing and running a busy practice. There is no one who I respect more than Brian. If I have a clinical question or research idea, Brian is one of the few individuals I call, as I know I can count on his intellect, integrity and common sense.
Dr. Zelickson is one of America’s most knowledgeable laser experts. He has done pioneering work with many of the laser and light–based technologies developed in the world over the last 10 years. He is a giant in the field.
Dr. Zelickson is one of the world’s leaders in the field of lasers for the treatment of the skin. His many years experience in treating thousands of patients with lasers and other medical devices makes him one of the most sought–after doctors in this field. Innovation and caring are his trademarks.