Dr. Alvin Zelickson
Dr. Alvin Zelickson is an accomplished dermatologist who has established a reputation as a forerunner in the rapidly-advancing field of dermatology. For many years, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine has listed Dr. Zelickson as one of the Twin Cities’ “Top Doctors.” He was named “Best Dermatologist in the Western Suburbs” by The Laker & The Pioneer 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards. Throughout the years, Dr. Zelickson has received numerous honors from the American Academy of Dermatology, such as the Gold Award for the “Clinical Use of the Electron Microscope” and the Silver Award for the “Ultrastructural Changes in Sebaceous Glands Following Treatment of Cystic Acne With Isotretinoin.”
Dr. Zelickson graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School. His career in dermatological medicine began at the University of Minnesota as Clinical Professor in the Department of Dermatology’s Electron Microscopy Laboratory. While working there, doctors from around the world sent Dr. Zelickson cases of which he aided in the diagnosing of skin diseases.
In 1961, Dr. Zelickson opened up his own practice in affiliation with the University of Minnesota’s Department of Dermatology. Since then, he and his associates have strived to provide quality care and advanced treatments for their patients.
In addition to his many accomplishments and his experience in the dermatological field, he has presented several scientific exhibits at the American Academy of Dermatology meetings. He has also written many articles which have been published in medical journals and books. Dr. Zelickson is a Past President of the Minnesota Dermatological Society, and has served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Society of Investigative Dermatology and the Noah Worcester Dermatologic Society.
Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Academy of Dermatology (Board Certified, Past Member of the Board of Directors)
- Society of Investigative Dermatology (Past Member of the Board of Directors)
- Minnesota Dermatological Society (Past President)
- Noah Worcester Society (Past Member of the Board of Directors)
- Electron Microscope Society of America
- American Dermatological Association
- Honorary Member of the European society of Ultrastructural Research
- Past Member of the Minnesota State Arts Board
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Fairview University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Minnesota Hospital
Contact us to schedule an appointment or virtual visit today.