Brian Zelickson, MD
Brian Zelickson, MD
Dr. Zelickson grew up in the Twin Cities. He graduated from the University of Colorado in 1982 and the Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota, in 1986. His post–graduate medical training included one year at the Hennepin County Medical Center and three years at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. In 1990, he received special training in Immunoelectron microscopy under a fellowship at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Specialized Training
- Professional Memberships & Associations
- Hospital Affiliations
Although he has extensive training in all aspects of dermatology, Dr. Zelickson’s special medical interests include laser tissue interaction and teledermatology. He is nationally recognized for his accomplishments and contributions to laser medicine and surgery. He has completed fellowships and training for the following:
- Electron microscopy of the skin
- Cutaneous light and laser interactions
- Laser therapy
- American Academy of Dermatology (Board Certified)
- American Dermatologic Association
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine
- Minnesota Dermatologic Society
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Hennepin County Medical Society
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Assistant Professor and Director of Electron Microscopy Laboratory)
He previously served on the Government Liaison/Blue Ribbon Committee for the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS). He has also developed ASLMS course work that is used across the country to train other physicians in laser techniques. And, Dr. Brian Zelickson is the former President of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC)
He has published more than 30 medical journal articles in the field and has 15 medical patents including medical device patents and treatment methodology patents. Most recently, Dr. Zelickson developed and launched MD Complete, a skin care product line providing professional anti-aging and skin clearing benefits based upon his clinical experience, knowledge, and research.
Dr. Zelickson is currently a member of the faculty at the University of Minnesota Medical School’s Department of Dermatology. He is also director of that department’s Electron Microscopy Laboratory. Mpls. St. Paul Magazine has repeatedly named him one of the Twin Cities’ “Top Doctors.”
Dr. Brian D. Zelickson is one of the very few physicians in the world who participates in developing on-going medical technology development for Dermatology at Zel Skin & Laser Specialists.
Dr. Zelickson serves on the Medical Advisory Board of Zeltiq, Lumenis and Candela. Dr. Zelickson has also received stock options from Zeltiq as part of his Medical Advisory Board compensation and has patents licensed by Candela and Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital.